Header Ads

Compass by Cassandra Robles




I search for answers
     Memorizing every map I see
Digging deeper than those around me
For a truth
       I may never find...
What is our purpose?
       is it love?!
If so.... who defines love?
     And why do we go along with it?
I am curious
Luckily I'm no cat
But even then...
      I am curious
What happens after death?
Will my faith be strong enough for me to rest with my creator?
Is the "truth" that is taught to me a gimmick to correct my behavior?
I am lost you see
       Or perhaps
                I am not
Look at me
You can see the constellations in my eyes
And hear direction in my voice
But you know we listen to everyone but ourselves
Maybe the answers I seek
      Have always resided in me
Maybe that's why people leave after I give them all of my knowledge
I am full of answers
      Or
          Maybe
                I am the answer
So me searching for an answer is really self discovery
     Oh
         What an epiphany!
You see
The waves crash on the shore
For the same reason you want you dive into my ocean
      It is nature
The stars shine every night
 For the same reason my exes left me broken
     In order to shine
              Something must die
The maps I've memorized
Are lessons I've learned
Allow me to teach you all that I know
     Or
        Better yet
             Make memories of your own...
You are your map
              Your compass
                      Only you can guide you home


No comments

Powered by Blogger.