Header Ads

WhosTru

18 year old artist  Philip Tru is from Leimert Park, California. Born and raised, he’s been doing music for about 9 years now, and his career paths range from poetry to directing/editing films and photography. He’s a very down to earth guy who strives to create new paths for up and coming artists to find themselves, and believes that unity is a key to creating harmony. The passion for art outweighs stardom for Philip, who’s attention is mostly on doing the things he loves. One of his main goals is to start his own company focused around creating art facilities and programs in communities allowing talented growing artists to have ample chance to reach their own personal goals. Some of his influences include Kendrick Lamar and Kayne because of their ability to move past adversity and travel their own roads. His advice for like minded people is to always sustain yourself, balance out your ambitions, and have the courage to keep moving forward.



What's your name? How old are you? Where are you from?

My name is Philip, Tru, Im 18 and I was born and raised in Leimert Park.

How long have you been doing music? What else you do besides music?

Tru: I've been making music since 2007, so about 9 years now. That includes producing, DJ'ng, Piano, Drums, Singing, Rapping, and besides music my own other big passion is for Acting. Which I study at CalArts. but I also Direct/Edit films, I'm pretty good with a Camera, and before anything I was a poet.

Wow You're mad talented, what's your biggest inspiration for everything you do?

Tru: >My inspiration is everything around me, and I know it sounds cliche, but there really is something special about living momentarily and taking everything in. its the essence of being. thats what inspires everything. Whether that means being an actor, a rapper, a philosopher, a human- simply what it means to BE.

Beautiful. What do you hope to do with your music, or as far as acting? What do you have a message behind the songs you write?

Tru: As far as acting, I really enjoy the process of it, and I love theatre, so maybe I'll pursue that, I'd love to do a film or two. but I'd only do it for the love of it, not too much for the stardom of acting. Music, I want eventually go into Artist Development. Having a company, building arts facilities in communities and have programs for music producing, song-writing, business etc., I definitely wanna tour, not too concerned with Grammys or Sales and that kinda stuff, I just wanna be successful and give back. That's one of my plethora of messages, but more importantly I want to stress the importance of exploring and embracing the self. The strength, knowledge and potential everyone has an individual is enough to tear down a whole empire, but the responsibility of that is being in harmony and unite with everyone around. Which is another motif I like to spread. There's definitely a big picture of Unity between Self, Mind Body Spirit & Those around you in my music.

What's a challenge that you have faced thought building your career?

Tru: The biggest challenge thus far has been accepting where my career is headed. Only because that meant getting rid of desires. Or more so not pursuing them. Whether its accepting/declining shows and certain features or even parties, whatever. Like Honestly, My personal calling is going to take me places beyond music, even acting, or arts period. And I will never leave art behind, but there will be the time I have to set that aside for something greater. I guess that all just means being responsible lol, that was tough as a kid.

What's your favorite artist/music artist? How have they influenced your vision or sound of music?

Tru: Right now it's between Kanye Kendrick Cole & Wilough. Cause all of them do them, and make new roads to travel in the face of millions who will talk down on them.

What advice would you give to someone trying to pursue the same career as you?

Tru: Balance and courage is going to be the only thing u have to sustain yourself. Master that. 


No comments

Powered by Blogger.